Current Project is Olive Garden in Amarillo, TX

For a larger view of a photo, click directly on the photo.

Olive Garden

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

In Honor of Charlie


Into all our lives must enter sadness so that our joys can be experienced more greatly.


Our trip to Littlefield turned out to be touched with sadness.


While we are setting up our RV at the Waylon Jennings RV Park and preparing to meet my family for dinner, down the road Charlie Brown, a Senior at Littlefield High School is preparing to go to Lockney to watch his school mates play basketball. He arranged to take the afternoon off from work. He picks up his cousin, Crystal, and the twins, Tara & Kara. But Charlie I can almost picture never being the one to think only of himself, made a couple of stops on his way out of town. First, he picks up a box of soft drinks and some ice to take to his friends already at the game. Then, he stops in at the McD's for some take along food. The group set off to the game. Knowing these students, I'm sure they were happy, laughing, and talking along the way. Probably anxious to get there and cheer on their team.


Sadly, they never made it. Due to overcorrecting while driving the car was reported to have rolled over and Charlie and Crystal were ejected from the car. The twins are recovering at the hospital and are expected to fully recover. Charlie and Crystal have gone on to their eternal rest.


Initially the news filled me with sadness. As last night went on, I finally was able to feel the joy and happiness of having known Charlie. I was blessed to have had him in a Spanish class I substituted last year. I'd witnessed Charlie at several church events when we'd travel to see Jesse Duplantis. I remember him as someone extremely mature for his age with a great work ethic. He's one of those big guys with even a bigger heart. My joy is that I was blessed to have known Charlie. Crystal was Charlie's cousin. This family lost two in the blink of an eye.


If you are able please contact First United Bank in Littlefield to make a contribution to the funeral fund for these teenagers.

THANK YOU FOR BROWSING OUR PAGE